Saturday, April 28, 2012

Shrimp is one of my favorite seafood dishes. In the past I have always made stir-fry with beef or chicken, so I thought I would try something new. Shrimp for me has usually been served with pasta, huge plates of pasta in Alfredo sauce. My lifestyle now is based around health and nutrition, so I know that a pasta dish like that is not going to be an option now. Shrimp and vegetables are the magic combination because I can eat far more of this and the calorie intake will be significantly lower than pasta, plus I am getting all those great vitamins. 

Ingredients:
1 cup of thawed, cooked shrimp with the tails removed
1 package of stir fry vegtables
1/2 cup of broccoli, frozen
1/2 cup snap peas, frozen  
1 table spoon soy sauce
a drizzle of teriyaki sauce over the top 


Directions:
Heat pan over medium heat and add about 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 cup water
Add in your vegetables, soy sauce and teriyaki sauce
Heat for about 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are warm, stirring often
Add the shrimp and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp is warm
It's important not to let the shrimp heat up too much, because it will become tough and they shrink up. 

Serve with brown or white rice or alone for a great meal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment