Saturday, April 28, 2012


If you are like me, you get those burger cravings every now and then. While my first instinct is to run to Wendy's and stuff my face, the best option I've found is to just keep a couple things on hand to help me conquer a fast food addiction.

As far as hamburger meat goes, you can freeze it. The same applies to ground turkey which is the healthier version of a burger. If you are impatient (I know I am!) you don't want to wait for the meat to thaw to enjoy your burger. That is why I keep veggie burgers in my freezer that can go right in the oven, grill or microwave. They offer many flavors including sweet potato, hamburger, black beans and corn, spicy, etc. Once you get your toppings on it, it isn't much different than hamburger except it is way better for your body. 

The next step is just to apply the toppings you like. I added spinach, tomato and alfalfa sprouts because it's the same ingredients I use for my sandwiches and I love to stretch the continents of my fridge to make many meals.

For toppings I suggest trying things like:
Avocado
Tomato
Slice of bacon
Slice of cheese
BBQ sauce
Ketchup
Lettuce

There are just SO MANY ways to make the burger the way you want it at home. You can make it healthy or unhealthy, but either way it's better than the pink slime that McDonalds uses, and you get to prepare it yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment