Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Italian Salad with a Twist

Italian salad with artichoke hearts and olives
What I've learned about recipes over the last couple years is that they are pretty forgiving. If you don't like the taste of an ingredient, you can often find a substitute or just leave it out. For this salad I tweaked a couple things. I added avocado to the salad because it seemed like it would go well, and heck they are so yummy!  Also I left out the onion and cucumber because I didn't like the flavor combination but feel free to use them if you want. Serves 3-4 people.

Ingredients:
1 package Italian style salad
1 can slices black olives
1 can artichoke hearts
1 cooked chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
2 sliced avocados
Tangy Italian salad dressing, or if you're on a diet like me, fat free Greek dressing.

Optional garnish


Directions:
  •  Slice artichoke hearts up. I save 2 for plate garnishes.
  • In a large bowl, combine salad, drained black olives, artichoke hearts and chicken.
  • Serve with Italian or Greek dressing.

Finished salad

 Hope you enjoy! I have more salad recipes in older posts if you want to see what other options I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment